wandering the states with no money, no one for company, just a lens and hopefully some beautiful memories

Thursday, May 13, 2010

May 13th : Last day in San Francisco

SFO-14

Michael and I, Academy of Natural Science, San Francisco, CA. Michael was nice enough to let us in the museum to have a look – for free! Thanks for that dude! Btw, the museum was awesome. Everyone should go take a look!

I leave for portland early in the morning tomorrow. So this was about the last day that i’d be in the bay area. I’m finding it so bloody cold, I’m underprepared for the weather but guess what, it only gets colder the higher up north you go. I’m tempted to get a North Face windstopper when I see one on sale but i’m not too sure how that’ll turn up. we’ll see.

So, I met Sophie for breakfast in chinatown. had cheap and good dim sum. Good Mong Kok is the name, however a passing fluency in Chinese and chinese cuisine is pretty required. Don’t try to venture there without an asian in tow, is all i’d say. XD

We met Michael who works in the academy of science after that. It was a good conversation as Sophie was always interested in museum life, and i think it was a good chance to be able to observe things “from the inside”. It was nice meeting them again. Michael, if you’re reading this, congratulations to both of you on your PhD offers! Send my regards to Emily as well! I hope this means that when I go to Montreal soon I’ll get a guide around the place as well! hah.

Up next, I had the good fortune of meeting up with some I-housers, Victoria and Aleks, who were both in town as well. Everyone was in pink so it was pretty gay for me. still.. I proposed we head up the twin peaks and they agreed…. It was a really long walk, but so worth it.

SFO-13 Them climbing up twin peaks, San Fran, CA

Having been alone for almost a week now, I’m relishing the idea of being with friends. :) Nothing like a good day out with ‘em. :)

SFO-15

Girls Being Girls, Twin Peaks, San Fran, CA

Signing off with the photo of the day, off the peak of the twin peaks. Portland, Oregon it is tomorrow. Home of the no sales tax! It was such a good day. Later!

SFO-16

Bay Area Cityscape, San Francisco, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment