wandering the states with no money, no one for company, just a lens and hopefully some beautiful memories

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

May 25 : Lower Manhattan…

I am insanely pissed at the internet in the hostel. apparently 10 people on the network is way too much. so i cant plan anything, talk to anyone, shit like that. it’s crazy and my holiday plans are up in smoke. shit.

NYC-5

Statue of Liberty, NYC. Bland skies REALLY SUCK. BAD DAY.

New York is really big. and there’s so much to do! i wouldnt say it feels like home, it’s much bigger. but at least i finally get the big city feel again. things are moving even at 10 at night. the subway is awesome. it’s better than singapore’s. i think public transport back home really sucks as im just not a fan of the “hub-and-spoke” idea. thankfully i get the car sometimes, i dont enjoy taking 2 bus rides and a train ride instead of a 15 min drive. =/ here you just hop on and get to wherever you wanna go. right to the door. beat that!

NYC-4

NYSE, Wall St, NYC

Walking down the streets of wall street, as with any major financial district, it makes you wonder if perhaps you should have just followed the money and gone into the world of finance. I dont think that Tiffany and Co would choose to open in the middle of a engineering company.

Sometimes I wonder, if i put effort and balls into trading, would I have made it as one of the big players? would i be one of those types, with the tailored suits and coarse language?

Sadly (or not) i know that i will never have the passion for the sum-zero cutthroat game that we call the stock market. so it will be a life of financial mediocrity and intellectual satisfaction for me, then.

NYC-6

World Trade Center Memorial Site, NYC

Kinda tired from travelling, and my attentions have shifted back towards my work. also, the MF internet doesnt help much.

i just want my girlfriend by my side… =/

No comments:

Post a Comment