wandering the states with no money, no one for company, just a lens and hopefully some beautiful memories

Friday, May 21, 2010

May 21st : Red Sox..

Freedom trail. Basically a trail explaining how Boston was the birthplace of the american revolution. A long and scenic trail that brings you through the heart of boston. It was all I did today, sometimes you just veer into the alleys and before you know it, an hour has flown by.

BOS-5

Along the Freedom Trail, Boston, MA.

Interestingly, the origins of the entire “Tea Party” Movement began in Boston. Reading the murals around town quickly revealed the origins of Boston as a British colony disenchanted with the ability and interests of the British to defend it. If you’ll wiki the tea party you’ll know that it’s nothing like the GOP actions these days. Indeed, those were more noble, more glorious days. Or at least history wrote it that way.

BOS-6

Quincy Market, Boston, MA. Looks like Covent Garden, Doesnt it?

Moral of the story for today was : Dont eat seafood first thing in the morning. It was the best clam chowder I’ve had yet, and also the lobster roll, but still… lol. FYI, nothing special to scream about. I guess, having come from a place where seafood is cheap, good and in abundance, my standards were probably too high.

BOS-7

Stairwell, Boston, MA. I love the architecture in the north end!

Man, the place felt like a scene out of Jay Chou’s “Yi Fu Zhi Ming (In father’s name)”. It was actually filmed in italy, i think.

BOS-8

Truck, Boston, MA.

Past the drydocks and onto my surprise of the day : My 7 day Boston pass gives me rides on the commuter boats as well! Nothing like a free trip across the Boston Bay, is there? I’ve kinda missed the classic “View of the Bay” as some cities have. That view is conspicuously missing from both Seattle and Boston. Even Singapore tries to engineer a nightscape with buildings and lights; efforts which to me are both a waste of money and effort and comes of more Vegas-ish than truly giving Singapore some character. Just look at Chinatowns around the world, with their chinese menus and cantonese speaking store owners – compare that to our 3-for-10 souvenir trinket shops lining the streets. In a word, our efforts to conserve our culture is disgusting. I sincerely hope that they leave hong lim untouched.

BOS-9

Drydock 1, Boston, MA.

Tomorrow I head for Cambridge, Massachusetts, home of Havard and MIT, which happens to be my dream school since my middle school days. In all honestly, I hope that someday i’ll return to the hallowed gates of MIT as a student, not as a tourist. I mean, who in their right mind would travel to NTU to take a picture of it?

BOS-10

View from the Boat, Boston, MA.

Have a good weekend y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment