wandering the states with no money, no one for company, just a lens and hopefully some beautiful memories

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Saturday, May 22nd : Enter to Grow in Wisdom

BOS-11

Need I say more? Cambridge, MA.

Cambridge, MA houses 2 of the world’s leading institutions of higher learning : harvard and MIT. as such it’s not hard to imagine the place basically growing around the 2 colleges, with tons of cafes, bookstores and furniture stores.

When i was young kid i used to read about yale and havard, and MIT was always my dream school, along with Caltech. A sense of sadness enveloped me as i walked through the MIT campus. All my regrets of not going overseas came back to haunt me. I knew the financial means were beyond me, so much so that I never ever took the SAT. With grad school and funding opportunities though, it’s a different story. I’m not going to to live with 2 big regrets in my life. at least im going to try. I think of my grandpa sometimes – he lived to see me fail to get into RI, but didnt live to see me get into hcjc. I remember my first thought in getting posted to hwachong was a kind of regret that my grandfather never lived to see this day. Till now, i still work hard to give my grandma good news everytime i see her.

BOS-12

Hugeass wind tunnel in MIT, Cambridge, MA.

After this I made the best decision ever in Boston. I went to the Alive and Kicking Lobster shop. It’s mostly a seafood store but they do make lobster sandwiches. and THEY WERE AWESOME. coming from someone who’s not easily impressed by lobsters, that says alot.

Chunky meat, fresh off the shell, chewy and delectable, with mayo between 2 buns. zomg. ZOMG!

so this place is Alive and Kicking lobsters. find them off yelp.com. junction of river and sth. really obscure but SO WORTH IT. gem of a place! woots.

BOS-13

Lobster place, Cambridge, MA.

I told you it was a humble family run thingy. They have their own boats and cages, so you know its fresh. :)

The big apple beckons tomorrow. WOOTS!

PS. forgot about breakfast at dempseys. wholesome american breakfast. tt was good as well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment